This article was published on April 23rd, 2012
A dry cleaning specialist based in Bedfordshire has been fined by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) for putting their workers lives in danger.
Bedford Magistrates Court heard how members of the HSE inspection team conducted an investigation after an alert from Bedford Council’s Environmental Health officers.
They found that a boiler they were using was in an extremely dangerous condition and could have caused a work accident at any moment.
Damage included corrosion, broken burners and a cracked flue and the HSE explained that both workers and members of the public could have been exposed to toxic gases from the boiler.
A spokesperson from the HSE said: “It was clear the owner of this company had completely disregarded the welfare of his workforce in not bothering to ensure that the steam boiler was properly maintained.”
“The condition in which I found boiler, the most hazardous piece of equipment on the premises, was a disgrace.”
Have you recently had a work accident and feel that someone was to blame? Why not give our experienced and friendly team a call today for a free no-obligation to see if you are entitled to claim compensation.
Contact us today on 0800 1979 345.