Unsolicited telephone calls misusing our name - We do not nuisance cold call -
Have a question? Call us on 0800 1979 345
Thorneycroft Mission Statement
We will endeavour to be kind to our Clients, our co-workers and our colleagues. We will act in a warm, friendly, professional and respectful manner at all times. We will strive for excellence through training, guidance and support internally to create a well-balanced working environment. We will aim to provide our Clients with a lifetime of legal care by providing the best legal service possible.
To assist and work closely with Conveyancers in the processing of matters on a timely and cost effective basis. To support the Conveyancers in the maintenance of files by effective file management and to ensure that clients are dealt with efficiently and politely and that appropriate legal matters are raised with the Conveyancer.
• Previous experience of working as a Legal Assistant in Conveyancing is required (minimum of 1 year)
• Excellent IT skills to include the use of Proclaim (training can be provided), Excel, Word. To be able to adapt to and use any software that the Company may wish you to use for the advancement of cases and the Company in an efficient manner
• An understanding of the conveyancing process
• Excellent understanding of legal terminology
• Good command of written and spoken English
• Exceptional communication skills
• Professional, polite, pleasant and helpful manner
• Willingness to assist and help visitors and staff alike
• Calm, reassuring approach and attitude towards clients and staff
• Sensitive and empathetic nature
• Focused and professional at all times
• Excellent and accurate communication skills
• Previous experience of working in a customer facing role or dealing with members of the public face to face
• Self-aware and discreet when dealing with clients as required
• To be able to adapt to and use any software that the Company may wish you to use for the improvement of services as required
• Ability to work in a team and communicate clear instructions as required
• Suggest improvements to services which will contribute to an efficient department and experience for our clients
• To conduct oneself in accordance with Thorneycroft Mission Statement
• A working knowledge of compliance issues and relevant codes of conduct and accounts rules
• An ability to deliver excellent service be it to clients or the team while maintaining Client care standards.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines, effective organisation and time management skills.
• An ability to respond to coaching, mentoring and guidance given.
• Ability to keep calm and deliver results in a performance driven environment.
• Good telephone manner.
Role Specific Requirements
• Progression of case management under supervision
• Setting up new conveyancing files on the system
• Liaising with clients providing updates and taking accurate messages
• Dealing with SDLT forms
• Land Registry searches
• Archiving cases.
• Scanning of post
• Dealing with incoming and outgoing post/emails.
• Administer filing which includes daily filing and opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files
• General administration support
• Reception – dealing with clients efficiently both in person and on the telephone, taking messages, discussing our services and informing the file holder as such
• Greet all internal and external visitors in a friendly and polite manner
• Ensure a presence is always maintained on reception for queries from members of staff and visitors
• To keep up to date with training as requested by Compliance and/or other members of the management team
• The ability to work from any of the Company’s offices as the Company may require from time to time whether on a temporary or permanent basis
• Arranging appointments/meetings and to maintain an up to date diary for the conveyancing team
• An excellent professional working manner
• Excellent organisational and administration skills
• Ability to work under pressure and remain focused
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate on all levels and to maintain confidentiality of information at all times
• Driven and organised
• Strong prioritisation skills ad ability to manage own workload
• Ability to work flexibly with a positive attitude
• To have the ability to work as a member of a team
• Willingness to learn
• Excellent time keeping
• Excellent telephone manner
• Pro-active and decisive
• Team player
• Hard working
• The production of accurate finished work on time
• The preservation of client confidentiality
• To act in the best interest of the firm undertaking the above tasks and others reasonably considered by the firm
• To deal with such matters as the firm may reasonably require from time to time
• Ensuring compliance with the procedures as documented in the firm’s Staff Handbook
• To comply with any task relating to the efficient operation of the practice upon the instructions of the file holder or principal
• To maintain professional standards at all times
• To have responsibility for own Health & Safety and that of others
• To have the ability to prioritise work/time management
• To have the ability to work as a member of a team
• To be polite and professional to all other members of staff at all times
• Competitive salary
• Discretionary bonus
• Birthday day off
• Healthcare Cash Plan
• Death in service benefit
• 29 days holiday including bank hols, increasing with length of service
• 9.00am to 5.30pm with an unpaid lunch break of one hour each day, 5 days per week, 37.5 hours a week
This position will be based at our town centre office in Macclesfield and our Whaley Bridge office, you will need to be able to travel to both offices.
To enquire for more details or to apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected]
This website privacy notice sets out how Thorneycroft Solicitors uses and protects any information that you give Thorneycroft Solicitors when you use this website.
Thorneycroft Solicitors is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Thorneycroft Solicitors may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/05/2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
We will collect the information directly from you via completion of our enquiry form on the website.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
We will also collect and process your personal data if you have consented to receiving marketing in respect of our services. You are able to unsubscribe or withdraw your consent at any time by emailing [email protected] or writing to ‘Marketing’ at Thorneycroft Solicitors, 9a Bridge Street Mills, Bridge Street, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK11 6QA.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
If you do not instruct us in relation to your legal matter, your personal details will be retained for a period of 12 months.
If we are instructed in relation to your legal matter, we will keep it in line with our data retention periods. Details of our retention period for your legal matter can be found within our Client Care Letter and/or Terms of Business, under the heading file retention.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.×