A patient who suffered painful toothache over a prolonged period of time and endured numerous visits to the dentist, is to receive £7k in dental compensation.
A holidaymaker has been awarded 4.7k after she had the holiday from hell in Cuba. The dream holiday to the four star resort was booked through Thomas Cook and was supposed to be a chance for the couple to relax and unwind on the wonderful beaches and enjoy the breath-taking views.
Health problems caused by prolonged inhalation of asbestos fibres are well documented and in many cases can cause serious and fatal illnesses including lung cancer, mesothelioma, and asbestosis.
A surgeon has been struck off the medical register by a Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service (MPTS) panel after it found the doctor had made three clinical mistakes which should never have happened.
There have been reports of a pedestrian, a man in his 30’s, who has been injured after being involved in an incident with a bus. The road traffic accident happened at approximately 2.20 pm in the afternoon when city centre traffic was particularly busy.
A six year old boy has been badly bruised, sustained cuts across his back and was emotionally traumatised after falling down an open manhole. The child was rescued by a passer-by and then taken to hospital for further treatment which included antibiotics to prevent a potential blood clot on the lung.
A woman who lost three teeth after her dentist failed to treat tooth decay effectively, has received a £17k payout from her dentist.
The 35 year old visited her dentist regularly for check ups between 2009 and 2014 and had been with the same dentist for some time.
A car accident between two vehicles on a busy A road, resulted in one car being flipped over onto its roof causing traffic chaos on the roads and requiring multiple emergency services to attend. The accident involved a Ford Fiesta and a truck and happened at approximately 3.20 pm on a southbound carriageway when emergency services were called.
A woman was awarded £11,000 in compensation after a routine root canal treatment caused her face to swell up causing pain and disfigurement. The patient was diagnosed with surgical emphysema, which is caused when air and gas is left in a layer under the skin, which leads to inflammation and breathing difficulties.