Unsolicited telephone calls misusing our name - We do not nuisance cold call - Read More

Have a question? Call us on

0800 1979 345

Man seeks compensation after first aid left him with eye infection

A father who temporarily lost his sight after an accident in a public swimming pool has confirmed that he will be suing the leisure centre for personal injury compensation.

The 48-year-old man who has asked to remain anonymous cut his finger open while showering during a session at the pool with his 30-year-old son.

First aid staff at the facility cleaned and bandaged the cut but just a few days later the man was referred to hospital after doctors told him an infection had spread to his eye.

The infection, which was diagnosed as cellulitis, had flared up and had left the accident victim temporarily unable to see.

Luckily doctors were able to treat the condition.

“What happened to me was really quite shocking and the infection was pretty serious – I couldn’t see properly it had got so bad,” he explained.

“I cut myself while using the shower because the metal bracket which is suppose to hold the pipes tight to the wall was loose which meant when I pushed the shower button my finger got jammed and cut open.

“It wasn’t a particularly bad cut although there was quite a lot of blood and I didn’t think too much about it after it had been reported to staff and I’d been bandaged up.

“But, a few days later, my eye had swollen up and doctors told me it was because the cut had become infected and through my bloodstream, had reached my eye.

A councillor confirmed that they were aware of the incident and are now looking at it more closely with their insurer.

Recently suffered a personal injury and want to claim compensation? Call us today for a free no-obligation assessment of your case on 0800 1979 345.